Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sleepless Nights

There hasn't been too much blog-worthy material in my life the past few days, but I wanted to try and write every day (which hasn't happened, but I have been close). Sunday night I had a really bad (and sleepless) evening. I have panic attacks every so often. That's probably what my problem was, but I did everything I normally do to combat them (tums and klonopin (which is sort of like Xanex)) but I still felt like my chest was caving in. Plus, every so often, I was getting stabbing pains. Of course, feeling like you're having a heart attack just makes a panic attack worse. It's a terrible snowballing effect. I got about 3 hours of sleep when it was all said and done.

Yesterday I tried to take it easy (in case I was dying). I did get laundry and the dishes done. I also watched two chick flicks (Return to Me & 27 Dresses). The strange thing is the pain continued for most of the day when it is usually just a night time thing.

Nic got home and we were both so tired. We watched a few eppisodes of The Office online. He started to fall asleep during one of them so we shut them off and he was out for the night (at about 8pm). I followed him a little after 9pm and got pretty much a full night's sleep. I did take another klonopin before bed, so that probably helped. I seem to be better today, so I'm guessing that it was stress related. We'll see how today plays out.

1 comment:

  1. That stinks Rachel! I have panic attacks every now and then, and they are awful. I feel for you. Glad things calmed down and that you got a good night's sleep.

    ReplyDelete