It's been another long stint since I have been able to write my blog. So much has happened in the past few weeks, but I'll give the condensed version of events.
We are officially Houstonians! Everything has been moved into our new apartment. The move was very smooth (especially since we didn't have very much stuff to move). We got everything from San Antonio to Houston in Karl's truck and our friend's small trailer. Nic was smart enough to borrow Karl's wagon, so we wheeled the stuff in quickly and easily. Luckily no one complained about the noise the squeeky wheels made going up and down the halls.
The day after we moved in, we bought our first mattress. We got a great deal at Mattress Firm. This is the first time we've had a bed that has not been slept in by someone else before us. We've always had hand-me-down mattresses. Plus, we were able to get it in the exact firmness we wanted. It's been so nice to have something comfortable to sleep on!
We still need quite a few things to make the house more cosy. The main thing is a couch. We are supposed to shop for one today, so hopefully we'll be able to move off the floor (or the camping chair we've stolen off our porch).
Nic is enjoying his job. This week is the start of his second week with them. He likes the people he's working with and the stuff he's going to be doing. They seem to like him as well. He hasn't had too much to do yet, so I think they'll like him even more after they see what a great employee they hired.
Willie is adjusting to apartment life pretty well. He and I are finally on a good walking schedule. We go out in the morning, around 5pm, and again before bed. He has met a few friends (and a few enemy dogs). He still has a problem with barking when he hears noises in the halls, but he's getting better about it.
I signed up with a temporary service and worked for a conference at the Reliant Arena (across the street from our apartment) last week. They haven't called me yet to work again, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will have some assignments soon. It would be really great if a temporary job could turn into something permanant. I'm still looking for something permanant through web searches, but so far, nothing has really looked promising. I'm just going to keep trying and hopefully I'll find something soon.
We just got our internet in the apartment yesterday, so I should be able to be more consistant with blogging. More to come...
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


What a busy couple of weeks. Glad that you are getting settled. Hope things continue to go smoothly for you.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear the move has gone well and that Willie is adjusting. We sure do miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteIsn't a new mattress wonderful? We purchased our first one in February and it really makes a difference! Enjoy!