Nic still likes his job. We are still hoping that they are able to hire him permanently soon. I am really starting to like it here and finally feeling comfortable and settled. I would hate to start all over with job searches and moving and all that stressful stuff. I guess a lot of it will depend on the economy and if they have enough work to justify paying him. We'll see what happens.
Houston is nice. We like the area we're in and we've found a few good hang out spots. I am officially addicted to a sushi restaurant about a mile from our apartment. It is really good and very inexpensive! We've been going there on Wednesday nights. It may become our permanent date night/ place.
Willie is doing good and seems to be adjusting. I don't know how much he likes me being home for days at a time and then all of a sudden being gone all day out of the blue. It seems confusing for him. Other than that, he has made a few dog friends in the complex. He played with a couple last night and enjoyed himself. They told us that there is a dog park close to us that is supposed to be pretty nice. We'll have to check that out. It's just not much fun to sit outside in this heat and humidity.
That's about all I have to report. I've started working out during my spare time, so that's good. Maybe I can finally lose this 10-15 pounds of extra weight. That would be really nice!
Here are a few pics of the apartment (these are from a few weeks ago. Since then we have gotten a couch and love seat in the living room)...


Kitchen

Dining Room


Bathroom


Hall from Bedroom to Bathroom
Dog on the bed

Washer and Dryer

Willie looking out the living room window at our view (We're on the 4th floor so we can see a lot of stuff)

Computer Nook




Our view from the porch (We are across the street from the Reliant complex and a bunch of businesses, including a Taco Cabana that I can smell from the porch)


So jealous of the Taco Cabana! I wish we had one that was within a 30 min-1 hour drive, but to be able to smell it from your apartment, so not fair. Oh well...glad you're enjoying your move and new apartment.
ReplyDelete