I'm sitting and listening to the dishwasher running in my new apartment and thinking what a great sound it is. I love to have these conveniences. I feel so blessed to not only have a dishwasher (and washing machine, etc.), but to have running water and a place to buy soap and other necessities to use these appliances.
I've been trying to be more conscious of all the little things I have that I take for granted. I've got working arms and legs, some brains in my noggin, and people around who love and care for me. I have a dog that adores me (whether it's because I feed him or he really loves me, who cares the reason). I have a husband with a job in a bad economy and I've had a few temp assignments to keep a little extra income coming in. I have lights when I flip a switch and the ability to connect with all my family and friends all over the world by picking up a small cell phone or connecting to the web. And, and, and!
I feel truly blessed and favored, and have been trying to make a strong effort to be a good person so I can always feel that I deserve the gifts I have in my life. It's not always easy to have a good attitude and be kind to everyone you meet, but I think that when someone has another human be kind to them (deserving or not), they might try to be kind to someone else (and, and, and). At least that's what I hope for.
Friday, May 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment