Hi all! I hope everyone is doing well. I have been keeping very busy and feel pretty worn out at the moment, but am going to attempt some sort of blog that makes some sense (I don't know if that is actually possible though).
I have been working this week at a long term temp assignment. It is as a receptionist at a property tax consulting firm that is supposed to last for about 2 or 3 months. I am going backward in my job progression, as I started doing receptionist work when I was about 18. I would definitely say it is hard to go back to something that is so easy for me. I have always appreciated a challenge, and this is definitely not it. I am very glad to have a steady job (for the time being) and get a regular paycheck for a while, so I really shouldn't complain. Plus, the people are really nice and the office is just under 3 miles from my house.
I am extremely tired right now. It has been a while since I've sat in front of a computer all day and been up at 6:30am every day. The even bigger problem is that I've been having trouble sleeping because of so much stuff going on right now (my mind won't shut off). Then last night, the guy that lives in the apartment below us decided to practice his bass guitar (fully amplified) at 11:00. It was right about the time I was finally getting to sleep for the night. Then he stopped for a while and started up again at 1am! Again, right as I was getting to sleep after the first round of bassing. Nic went on our balcony and yelled down "Are you guys having a jam session?" (I guess some of his instrumental friends came for a visit). One of the guys responds, "Yeah, you want to check it out?" Nic told him, "no; it's one o'clock. I'm trying to sleep" and he asked him to turn the bass down. Without a response, they went inside and they turned it down (not off, but down). Getting up this morning was a major chore and I was pretty agitated by the whole thing. We probably should have called the cops, but I would hate to do that. Next time I definitely will, but hopefully now that the apartment office called them, there won't be a next time.
I'm sorry that this blog has turned in to a nag-fest lately. Hopefully I'll be more awake next time I get a few minutes to sit down and write a post. I hope to have something more interesting (and positive) to talk about. Till then... I'm off to bed.
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment