I've given up with the Fitness Diary blogging. I know you're just crushed, but it was taking too much time and was hard to keep up with. I'm still exercising occasionally, but not with the same exuberance as when I started out. I've gone down in the number of days per week I get a work out in. I'm still doing the temp work thing, so when I get home after using my brain all day, I sort of shut down. I am lucky to get changed, put some food in my gullet, and make it onto the couch to veg. The days I do work out are always great, but I can find any excuse not to do it. Such is life.
Last night, me and Nic went on a sailing cruise with one of the other engineers from his work. Josh is a really sweet guy who reminds me a lot of Raimey. We've enjoyed having a few friends through Nic's work. Josh is a lover of sailing (and so is Nic), so he invited us on this cruise out of Kemah. There were ten of us that were passengers, plus the captain, his wife (I think), the first mate and his grandson who helped them out. They let some people help put the sails up and bring them down. A few people steered the boat. I chose to take a seat towards the front and stay stationary for the entire trip. Nic got his chance to sail the boat, and spent most of the night as part of the crew. He was very excited. Josh was nice enough to keep me company and listen to my incessant chatter all night. It was great to have an opportunity to get to know him better. He was really quite when we first met, so he's finally coming out of his shell and opening up to me more.

(This is similar to the boat we sailed on.)
Nic was happy with the amount of wind we had. He had a great time, but I think he missed out because once the moon came out, most of the people laid on the boat and enjoyed the calmness of the water. It was very relaxing floating out there and looking up at the big moon and stars. It almost felt like you were stationary until you picked your head up and saw how fast the boat was going. It was definitely a fun night out.
Nic's boss and his boss's wife have also been a good couple to go out and do stuff with. Last weekend we went on a double date and had some dinner and played Putt-Putt. We had a good time even with mosquitoes the size of flies and the joyous Texas heat and humidity. We went out there around 8:30pm so it would be cooler, but even that late into the evening, it was still sweltering. We may have to wait for any more outdoor activities until some time in October when the weather is a bit more cooperative.
Nic's job is still going good. He's had to deal with a few roadblocks with his machine, but they are working out the kinks. I'm still trudging along at the temp job. No one can seem to figure out the due date for the lady I'll be working in place of while she's on maternity leave. She is due some time between the end of August and end of September, so I'll be there for at least a couple of months. Other than work, our life is pretty boring. Going out with Nic's coworkers has been about all we do that would count as anything eventful (aka Blog worthy).


No comments:
Post a Comment